Just like the vast majority of the world’s population, we love to listen to music. Music goes back thousands of years, and it has been an integral part of every society and culture that has ever existed. To give you an idea of just how far music goes back, in 2009 a vulture-bone flute, believed to be approximately a staggering 40,000-years-old, was discovered in a cave in southern Germany. To add to this, there have been many other animal-bone flutes and instruments (drums, for example) which have been found that date back thousands and thousands of years. Therefore, music is just as old as humanity and is way older than writing and print. It is something which connects us to our cave-dwelling descendants as well as those with whom we work and socialize.
Why Did We Decide to Create This Site?
Our love for music goes further than just listening to it though; we are part of a relatively new and small rock band, and we have written six songs between us. Our ultimate goal is to release an album within the next year. We also have a dreams to write a song for a famous singer. My best friend and I decided to create this website in order to try to keep you up to date with what is happening in the music world. On this site you will find information about:
- different music venues around the world;
- new album releases;
- the most talked about albums of the year so far;
- different music events which are coming up; and
- how music has developed over the past 50 years.
Our Favourite Bands and Artists
Despite being part of a rock band, it is fair to say that we love to listen to bands and artists from a variety of genres. Below you can find an extensive list of the bands and artists that we like from each particular genre.
We strongly recommend that, if you haven’t already, you give these bands and artists a listen.
- Rock – AC/DC, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Guns N’ Roses, Black Sabbath, Franz Ferdinand, The Who, Greenday, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden, Sting, Aerosmith, The Killers, Nickleback, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Blink-182 and Coldplay.
- Pop – Maroon 5, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Bruno Mars, Sia, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Elvis Presley, Enrique Iglesias, Mike Posner and Sam Smith.
- Rap – Eminem, Wu-Tang Clang, 50 cent, and Kanye West.
- Opera – Pavarotti, Andrea Bocelli, Jose Carreras, Ludwig Van Beethoven and Montserrat Caballé.
- Country – Johnny Cash, Keith Urban, Willie Nelson, Carrie Underwood.
- Dance – Prodigy, Swedish House Mafia, The Black Eyed Peas and Calvin Harris.